Here are answers to the most commonly asked questions by new WOMO publishers or affiliates.
- How do I earn or make money?
- Do I need a website to promote?
- How to start promoting products or services?
- How do I know I will be paid for my referrals?
- How and when will I be paid?
- What is an affiliate link?
- Do you any training program for publishers?
- How is Publisher commission is computed?
1. How do I earn or make money?
You earn commissions by referring customers to Advertisers’ websites, where the customers purchase their products or avail their services. Depending on the type of commission set, you will either earn a percentage commission or a fixed commission.
2. Do I need a website to promote?
No, you don’t need to have a website (although having your own website helps). You can use your social media pages. You can also promote via paid ads (subject to advertiser's approval), posting in forums, publishing videos on Youtube or Facebook, or simply emailing or texting your affiliate links to your friends and people you know. If you have your website, great! You can publish our Advertisers’ banners on your site, create articles, or chat with your site visitors.
3. How to start promoting products or services?
Check the Advertiser campaigns that you have been approved of. Select the type of banner or link you want to use and place them on your pages. When someone clicks on your banner or link, she will be redirected to the Advertiser’s website. If the visitor ends up purchasing a product or availing a service, you will be rewarded with a commission for that sale.
4. How do I know I will be paid for my referral?
When people click on your affiliate banners or links or when they used your QR codes or coupon code (also called affiliate code or voucher) on the advertiser's website, our affiliate system registers it as a referral and places a cookie on their device. When the referral visitor purchases a product or avails a service, our affiliate system checks for cookie (if not found, checks for IP address of referral) and credits your account with the commission. This process is absolutely automatic. All your referrals will be properly tracked.
5. How and when will I be paid?
You can choose any of the payment methods available at your payment details page. Commissions are generally settled every 20th of the following month but some Advertisers have custom payment terms.
6. What is an affiliate link?
An affiliate link is a special URL where you should be sending the visitors. You will get the URLs for different banners in your affiliate panel.
7. Do you have any training programs for affiliates?
Yes, we will be releasing tutorials, articles, and webinars soon! Please stay tuned.
8. How Publisher commissions are computed?
We published a new help article explaining how commissions are computed, particularly for those who are unable to issue a BIR official receipt. Please click here to view that article.